A lot of people hold the wrong conception about different kinds of tiles. They tend to think that all tiles have the same type of ingredients, and they are all equal. So, they believe that if they can cut one of the tiles with a tile cutting blade, they can do it with all of the tiles.
However, there are differences in different kinds of tiles on a fundamental level. And thus, all of the blades cannot cut all the types of cutting blades.
Thus, before starting your “uh! I can do that too” project of tiling a floor, shower or something else, you should know what kind of saws or blades you need to cut ceramic tiles.
Here is a guide to find out the best kind of blades to cut ceramic tiles.
Top Chart Of Blade For Cutting Tile
Why You Should Use The Best Blade For Cutting Ceramic Tile?
So, here is the answer to your question.
There is a reason we do not cut ceramic tiles with miter saws. Other than diamond blades, no other blades have that special kind of thickness to cut ceramic tiles. Plus, there are a lot more things that you should take into consideration that makes us take the best blades for cutting ceramic tiles.
The main reason to use the best blades for cutting ceramic tiles are as follows:
The precision and accuracy: The precision that these diamonds blades give you is matched to no pother blades. Ah! Well, other blades cannot even make a simple cut in the ceramic tiles. However, these great diamond blades can give amazing precision while using them to cut ceramic tiles.
When these blades cut these ceramic tiles, the accuracy of these blades leaves none of the edges of the tiles rough. They make amazing cuts.
The speed: the amazing revolution per minute speed of these blades is another reason to use them to cut the ceramic tiles.
You can also read the best miter saw reviews and buying guides.
Product Reviews of Top 10 Blades For Cutting Ceramic Tile
Here are some of the saw blades for cutting ceramic tiles that might help you to choose between them.
1. Piranha 7-inch (7″) Continuous Rim Wet/Dry Diamond Blade
The general purpose of this diamond blade is to cut ceramic and porcelain tiles faster and smoother. The core of this blade has made of heat-treated hi-speed steel, and the makers guarantee that this blade will withstand the demands of dry cutting.
This is a very thin cutting rim that allows the best combination in cutting speed and also the blade life. This blade assures first-class cuts. That blade is 10mm tall and maximizes the cutting experience.
This blade is a very efficient one, and it offers a very low-cost per cut. The recommended operating speed for this blade is 5,100rpm. This cutting blade is a very top-quality product, and it has a 100% lifetime warranty.
Plus, the makers of this blade are so confident that they even offer a free return shipping of the product. This blade is an all tile cutter saw with handheld grinders.
- A general-purpose diamond blade that cuts a wide range of tiles.
- Core made with heat-treated hi-speed steel.
- Has a thin cutting rim and assures first class cuts.
- Assures super fast and super smooth cuts.
- It is not suitable for sheet metal roofing.
2. SHDIATOOL Super Thin Diamond Turbo Blade
These five-piece super-thin diamond turbo cutting blades are efficient for cutting ceramic tiles, granite, and hard material cutting. These blades measuring 4-1/2 inches/115-millimeter blades are, especially for industrial uses.
The industrial diamond grain provides chip-free cutting. These blades are for both wet and dry cutting uses. The hot-pressed blades of this SHDIATOOL Super Thin Diamond Turbo Blades provide longevity to them.
These professional quality blades are especially for high-speed cutting, and that is what it does.
- Super thin blades are fantastic for your work.
- It is mainly for industrial uses.
- Very efficient for ceramic tiles, granite tiles and other material cutting.
- The diameters of each of these blades are 115mm/4.5”. The segment height is 10mm and the segment thickness 1.3-1.4mm.
- The industrial diamond grain is used in the making of these blades. This helps to get chip-free cutting.
- It is ap for both wet and dry cutting.
- Cons are hard to find in these kinds of diamond blades.
3. Bosch DB743S 7-Inch Continuous Rim Diamond Blade
These amazing & inches Continuous Rim Diamond blades by Bosch is easy to use a ceramic tile cutter. This amazing blades measuring 7 inches diameter are mainly for faster and cleaner cuts. These blades are specially for cutting standard ceramic tiles and stone tiles.
The core steel is tensioned steel core, unlike the heat-treated or other core steel. Thus, it gives these blades more stability and therefore, more efficiency while cutting the ceramic tiles. The blade is made of diamond, and the even distribution of diamonds in all of the places of the blade makes it distribute evenly.
With the maximum speed of 8500 revolutions per minute these thin (1/16 inch), diamond blades are made to make your work smoother and faster.
- These diamond blades are work efficient.
- The evenly distributed diamonds in the steel makes it more efficient while cutting tiles.
- The tensioned steel core gives the blade more stability.
- The maximum speed of this blade is 8500 revolutions per minute. That helps to make your work faster and smoother.
- The blades are very thin.
- For cutting standard ceramic tiles.
- Cannot hold the maximum speed for a long time.
4. ALSKAR DIAMOND ADLCPM 5-inch Super Thin Diamond Saw Blade
These super thin porcelain saw blade comes with free chip for cutting. These saw blades are for cutting porcelain, ceramic tile, granite, sandstone, and quartz etcetera. The X teeth of this blade offer fast and smooth cutting.
These blades are only used for wet cutting. This blades only cut the tile and thus, does not leave any leftovers. Your hand will not be covered with the tile dust as it pushes most of the marble dust downwards.
However, due to user inexperience, some people might face a few chips at the very end of the cut while cutting porcelain or other tiles. Overall a great choice for them who want to cut tiles.
- These blades are amazing to cut porcelain, sandstone, quartz and other tiles.
- Offers fast and smooth cuttings with the X teeth.
- Does not leave any leftovers and will not cover your hands with tiles dust.
- A fantastic choice to cut different types of tiles.
- User inexperience can cause a few chips at the end of the cutting.
- Sometimes leave some rough edges on the crosscuts.
- Maybe a bit thinner compared to the other blades.
5. QEP 6-7006GLQ 7-Inch Continuous Rim Glass Tile Diamond Blade
These QEP 6-7006GLQ & inches Continuous Rim Glass Tile Diamond Blade is designed to use with a wet style saw. The maximum cutting speed of these 7-inches blades is 8,730 revolutions per minute.
The arbor of these saws are 5/8 inches, and that is why it gets fit in almost every type of wet tile saws. The steel blade increases the stability and work efficiency of these blades. The seven-millimeter cutting edge coated with diamond makes it a smooth blade to work with.
The 7mm continuous high-rim helps minimize the chipping. These lightweight blades are not only for tiles, but they also help to cut glass too. Cut glass tiles too.
- This is a regular glass blade comes at an affordable price.
- It does a great job with the glass mosaic tiles.
- Has minimal chipping.
- Steel blades give incredible stability while working with these blades.
- Has a maximum speed of 8,730 revolutions per minute.
- Has a basic measurement that fits in almost every kind of wet tile saws.
- The diamond bond might be very low in quality.
- No internal sparking while making the cuts.
6. DEWALT DW4765 4
It is one of the tile blades that you can look for. It will serve your purpose precisely. With this blade on your side, you don’t have to worry about tiles cutting. Furthermore, it has excellent durability.
The diamond matrix makes it one of the best products when it comes to sustainability. The best part about this blade is it will provide you with quick and free cuts. Also, it will not let you bother about the heat that generates during cutting. It consists of XP2 and XP3 blades that come with laser-cut expansion slots. It will protect the edge from warping due to the emitted heat.
- The life of this blade is impressive as it has considerable durability.
- Well, you don’t have to come across chip while using this blade for cutting,
- The performance of this blade is also up to the mark.
- It will deliver you with quick, easy, and heat-free cutting.
- You can adjust it quickly and position the fence according to your preference.
- The motor is a bit loud, and maybe it will hamper your peace.
- You will not find any stand with it. Therefore, it is a big issue.
7. RAZORBACK 10-INCH THIN KERF
If you are looking for a blade specifically for a wet tile saw, you should opt for RAZORBACK 10-INCH THIN KERF. It will provide you with precise cutting. Besides, you can use this blade for cutting several things like granite, marble, terrazzo, slate, and several other things.
Well, the forte of this blade is to reduce the hard tiles. Besides, when it cuts the porcelain tiles, there will be no chips.
Also, there is a thin diamond rim which reduces friction and heat during cutting. To be precise, it will deliver you with perfect cuts.
- It is capable of cutting several types of materials like granite, porcelain tile, marble, terrazzo, slate and many other things.
- Also, it is capable of cutting all the hard materials precisely. Therefore, you can consider it to be the master of all trades.
- You don’t have to think about chipping of the tiles while cutting with the help of this blade.
- Well, you will get a 100% lifetime warranty for this product, which is fantastic.
- Some customers have complained that cutting efficiency is not up to the mark when it comes to cutting stones.
- Several consumers are not happy with the product.
8. DEWALT DW4701 INDUSTRIAL 4
Compared to the conventional abrasives, it will provide you with 350 times durability. Therefore, you can easily figure out the fact that it will stay by your side for a long time. Also, it comes with an additional 4-to-4 ½ – inch grinders.
There is a rim turbo design incorporated in this blade. And for that reason, it will serve your purpose of cutting block, brick, and tiles. Also, there are numerous diamond sections along with cobalt present in this blade.
And as a result of that, you can use it for several product applications.
- The durability of this blade is fantastic. Compared to other blades, it will provide you with 350 times more strength.
- You can use this blade to cut several materials like bricks, blocks, as well as tiles.
- It comprises of several diamond segments along with cobalt. Therefore, it will serve your purpose for several product applications.
- Well, it works with all the stones like concrete, granite, marble, brick, and tile.
- You will get it with new 4-to-4-1/2 inch grinders.
- Well, some customers are not happy about the durability of this product.
- Also, it is a bit costly compared to other tiles cutting blades.
9. 4.5″D115mm Super Thin Diamond Ceramic Saw Blade
If you are seeking for a blade that will serve your purpose for wet and dry cutting, opt for it. With this blade on your side, you can do both dry and wet cutting. It consists of X teeth that will allow you smooth and fast cutting. Also, it is a super-thin blade that comes with porcelain chips. It will help you to provide you with more precise results.
- You can use it for both wet and dry cleaning.
- X teeth will help you to come up with smooth and clean cutting.
- One of the best parts about this machine is that it is compatible with hand-held devices.
- There are numerous materials that you can cut with the help of this product like ceramic tiles, granite, porcelain, quartz, sandstone etc.
- It will provide you with precise cutting.
- The only hindrance of this product is that you have to wait for this product a bit. It will take 7 to 15 days as it will be shipped from China.
10. Peakit Tile cutter Blade
Another blade that will serve your purpose is the Paekit tile cutter blade. It is a super-thin turbo mesh rim diamond blade. It will help you to get clean and chip-free cuts. Also, the center of this blade is thick, so that you don’t have to come across wobbling and vibration.
In case, if you are a general contractor, tile installer, tradesman or DIYer, it is the best option for you. Also, it is compatible with cutting several things.
- It delivers fast as well as precise cutting.
- There are numerous materials that you can cut with the help of this diamond-like, porcelain tiles, ceramic tiles, and other things as well.
- Also, you will get a lifetime warranty for numerous things like warping, cracking, and material defect.
- Customer care is also up to the mark.
- There are no such cons to this product.
How to choose the best ceramic tile cutting blade for your DIY or professional works
Choosing the best blade for ceramic tile can be a very hectic job whether you are new to the profession, a sessional expert or a DIY individual. To find out the blade for cutting ceramic tile can depend on a few things.
Here are the points you should take into consideration when you want to cut down a ceramic tile smoothly and accurately.
No matter what you are, our budget for buying things has always been pre-decided. And thus, pricing is one of the very first things to take into consideration. For widespread use, such as in a construction site or larger heavy-duty jobs, one should choose a premium quality diamond blades that can deliver smooth and fast cutting for an extended period.
However, if you are an individual who wants to do it by yourself, you might go for the lower-priced diamond blades of the trade series.
Quality and size matters:
It mainly depends on the horsepower and RPM speed of the tool you are going to use the blade in. Experts rate diamond blades based on match RPM of the saw and the grinders. High-speed saws demand blades that have a higher RPM.
And you should also keep the different types of machines in mind. As Electric wall chasers demand different saw blades and the petrol-powered ones demand different blades.
Checking both of the aspects of your machinery is an essential thing while choosing the right saw blade for your saw or grinder. This not only ensures the value for your money but also ensures SAFETY.
We are also recommending:
Top features of a ceramic tile cutting blade
There are many features of a ceramic tile cutter blade. However, the top features are the features for which we adore them the most. So, what are the top features of the ceramic tile cutting blade? A few of what you can consider as the top features of the ceramic cutting tile has been described below. Check them out
- A ceramic saw blade should be very accurate and precise in its work. A ceramic tile cutting blades are very important blades as they help you to cut down the ceramic tiles smoothly enough to give you a satisfying Outcome.
If the saw cutting blade is not precise or accurate enough to cut down a ceramic or porcelain tile, it will leave the edges of the tile rough and in dissatisfying condition. That is something you might not want.
- A ceramic tile cutting blade has to be a diamond blade. These diamonds are eventually well distributed to all the positions of the blade. The cutting capacity of these blades depends on a few things. And how exactly these diamonds have evenly distributed in the blade is a very important feature deciding the cutting capacity.
- The core steel, whether made up of high heat or it is tensioned steel core, are a very important feature of the best blades for ceramic cutting tiles. The core steel made up of high heat is for a long life of these blades, and the tensioned steel core is for more stability.
What do you need to keep in mind while buying a tile saw? A complete buying guide for tile saws.
There are several types of tile cutting saws that are currently available in the market. Each of these saws has its purpose, features and different advantages. Here is a list of a few things you should keep in mind while buying a saw blade for cutting tiles.
Cutting capacity is a very important thing to keep in mind while buying a tiles saw blade. And to know that you should know your project better. If you are planning for a DIY (Do It Yourself) project, you may not need a saw blade with such a high cutting capacity.
However, some men are professionals, and they want to execute some more substantial tasks. In those cases, they should keep the cutting capacity of the saw blade in mind.
When you know your project pretty well, it will help you choose between all those different saw blades for tiles cutting in the market. If you choose the right saw blade, it will also save you some time and money. You should also keep the correct size of the blade in mind as they tend to break down sooner than you are expecting it to be.
Accuracy and versatility:
All of the tiles saw blades are diamond coated. However, efficiency and versatility might differ depending on several things. Such as the distribution of diamonds on the blade, and some other things too.
People although tend to look at this point after checking on the prices of the blades, but it is a more important factor than that. At least not less. Overhead tiles saw’s blades or wet tile saw’s blade might be the top picks for you while looking at the accuracy.
These saw blades are portable and can be even used in the construction sites too. So, while choosing a saw blade, you might want to consider these things too.
A good quality saw blade has to have the proper torque and the proper revolution per minute speed that will quickly grind the tile down with no difficulty at all. If a tile saw blade does not possess the speed accurately, it will take the blade to shatter down fast rather than the tiles.
These saw blades have to have the proper speed and power to cut down the tiles with clean and robust cuts. And only then it will give you the end product you want.
The user guide for the best blades to cut ceramic tiles
The user manual is an essential thing that most of the people often tend to skip. However, it is the most important thing, and the most important information tends to be here. So, here is a small outlook of the very important thing. Check out below:
Tool unpacking and handling:
Remember, it is a blade, and it is crucial to take care of your hands while unpacking and handling them. Do not forget to use the safety gloves while unpacking and handling of these blades. They provide these safety gloves for your safety.
KEEP THE CHILDREN AWAY:
Now, this is nothing new in a user manual. These blades are very dangerous and being a little inattentive while handling them and an accident can happen. So always keep focus while using these blades and keep them away from the children and keep them away always.
The maximum speed (always be sure of this number) must not exceed. That is why it is called the maximum speed. The maximum number of rotation must not exceed the limit.
Cleaning of these tools:
You should clean these tools regularly if you expect a long-term service from these blades. You should clean the resin and glue attached in the cutting part of the blades (that is the edges of the blade). Always use safety gloves for cleaning.
The maintenance of these tools, such as sharpening, and repairs have to be handled by the experts or the manufacturer. Don’t try doing that by yourself. Or else you might end up hurting yourself fatally or might become the cause of some other unwanted incidents.
Why we recommend those blades for cutting the ceramic tiles:
Diamond blades are the only kind of blades that can cut ceramic or porcelain tiles. Why? Well, that is because, ceramic tiles are harder than you think they are and no matter how much maximum speed does your saw blade generates, if it is not diamond blades, it cannot make a crack in the tiles. We recommend these blades for cutting ceramic tiles for some other features too. These are:
This is an essential feature of a diamond blade. It is portable. You can take it anywhere you want. Fit the blade into the machine and start cutting. And there will not be any difference in the working experience. These blades will work smoothly as it is if fit into the right saw.
Who does not know how great diamonds are to cut glasses. These diamond blades are very versatile and can cut through glass slabs, ceramic and porcelain tiles and also other kinds of tiles. Plus, most of the tiles in the modern day are made for both wet and dry cutting. So, you can cut in both ways.
Speed is another thing we took into consideration before recommending these blades to cut tiles. The faster, the smoother, the better. These diamond blades have amazing speed, and thus they cut down the ceramic tiles pretty fast and the faster the speed of the blade, the smoother cuts you will get. There is no doubt about that.
Do we need a special kind of blade to cut porcelain and ceramic tiles?
Is that a question? Obviously yes. We always need a special kind of blade to cut a porcelain tile. As because, we cannot cut down a tile with a miter saw blade. Even if someone tries to do that. It will eventually break down, and if somehow it does survive the incident, the sharpness of the blade will be gone.
Thus, we should always use a diamond blade for the porcelain tiles, glass slabs or ceramic tiles. Because3, these blades have diamonds distributed all over the cutting edge, and as it is the hardest material on earth, diamond blades are the only blades that can cut porcelain tiles or glass slabs.
Diamond edged blades are specially made to cut down these kinds of tiles. However, there is no single blade that can get everything done correctly. For example, if you consider the Bosch DB743S 7-Inch Continuous Rim Diamond Blade mentioned in this article, the steel core of the blade is tensioned and thus gives stability to the blade.
And if you consider the Piranha 7-inch (7″) Continuous Rim Wet/Dry Diamond Blades, the steel core of this blade is made with high temperature and thus giving it longevity. Some other blades will cut down ceramic and porcelain tiles too.
But as you can see the small differences of the mentioned blades, there are also differences in those other blades too. So always choose according to your needs.
Another small inclusion we would like to add is if you are considering a blade for heavy-duty work, choose from the premium series blades and if you just want to complete your DIY project, look for the normal tile cutting blades.
What Kind Of Blade Do You Use To Cut Porcelain Tiles?
Porcelain tiles are pretty hard-to-cut. It is a robust material that requires a specific blade if you want to cut it. Therefore, to cut porcelain, you will need a sturdy diamond blade wet saw. Well, it is the most important tool when it comes to porcelain cutting.
However, there is a possibility that wet saws can chip the surface of the porcelain tiles. Thus, you have to make sure that the blades are adjustable. It will help you to enjoy the full benefit of the saw. But you can also avoid chipping with a standard-depth saw.
Well, you have to comprehend the fact that there are no tried and tested ways to prevent chipping. Now, let us discuss the points that you must consider while choosing a blade.
- There are myriad types of blades that you will find like continuous rim, segmented or turbo rim.
- The thickness of the blade will establish the width of the cut.
- In case, if you are looking for a blade that could cut numerous materials, then you have to consider the hardest material that you are about to cut. Therefore, choosing the blade for the hardest material will serve your purpose of cutting the soft materials.
Do You Need A Special Blade To Cut Porcelain Tile?
Well, we live under the misapprehension that ceramic tiles and porcelain tiles are different. However, they are nothing but the same. The only difference is that the quality of the clay in porcelain tiles is denser.
Therefore, to cut a porcelain tile, it will be the best option for you, if you opt for a wet tile saw. The best part about the wet tile saw is that it will help you to avoid chipping. Thus, you will get a smooth edge if you use a wet tile saw.
However, you must consider an adjustable blade when you are working with a wet tile saw. Well, notching is one of the ways that you can follow to avoid chipping. So, here is how notching will help you to get the cleaner cuts.
- At first, you have to set your tile saw blade on the tile.
- Next, you have to mar the point where you want to notch.
- Now, you have to place your tile in such a way that the marking should face the blade. However, don’t allow your saw to touch the marking yet. After that, turn on the saw.
- In this step, you have to push the tiles towards the blade and cut an inch in case of a small tile.
- Finally, flip the tile, and turn on the saw. After that, start cutting where you created the notch earlier.
What Is The Best Blade To Cut Porcelain Tile?
By now, you must have comprehended the fact that wet tile saw is the best option for cutting ceramic tiles. The best part about the wet tile saw is that you don’t have to worry about chipping. It will provide you with a smooth and precise cut. Now, let us acknowledge why you must use a wet tile saw when it comes to cutting porcelain tiles.
It will provide you with a clear cut
If you want your cuts to be perfect, a wet tile saw is a tool for you. And for that reason, most of the builders opt for this saw when it comes to porcelain tiles cutting. To be precise, they are useful as well as sharp. However, to get the perfect tiles, you have to practice a lot.
Easy to use
Another benefit of wet tile saw is that it is pretty easy-to-use. Besides, it is also easy-to-install. Therefore, most of the experts recommend this saw to cut the porcelain tiles. To be precise, you don’t have to come across any complications when it comes using a wet tile saw.
Compared to other porcelain cutting tools, it is a bit affordable. Therefore, you don’t have to bother about the hole in your pocket when it comes to affording a wet tile saw.
Why Should You Buy From Amazon?
There are myriad reasons why you must buy products from amazon. Now, let us take a peek on those reasons.
Well, if you buy a product from Amazon, you will get the best prices. Compared to other places, Amazon will provide you with products at reasonable prices. Therefore, you have to bother about your pocket while shopping from Amazon.
You will not get disappointed by Amazon when it comes to collection. The collection of products at Amazon will blow your mind. From that collection, you can pick up the one according to your needs.
Amazon is also a quite reliable online shop. You don’t have to dig your head about delivery if you order a product from Amazon. Besides, their customer service is fantastic. In case, if you face any issue, they will take care of the situation instantly. To be precise, you can just sit back and relax.
Shipping is fast and cheap- compared to other sites, Amazon will provide you with low shipping costs. To be precise, they have some best shipping charges in their palate. Besides, the shipping speed is also up to the mark. You don’t have to wait for a long time to get your delivery. You will get your product within the time of 2 days.
Can You Cut A Ceramic Tile With A Masonry Blade?
Well, the name says it all. Masonry blades are crafted to cut the masonry tools. Therefore, you can easily acknowledge the fact that the masonry blade is capable of cutting a ceramic tile. Apart from reducing the ceramic tiles, there are several other applications of masonry blades.
Some of the applications where these blades are used are detailing the work, precision cutting, and tile work. Also, there are numerous sizes and shapes of the leaves. Besides, they are capable of cutting various types of materials.
Now, let us check out the glossary. It will help you acknowledge these blades more effortlessly.
Kerf- Well, it signifies the thickness of a blade. You have to understand that thickness has a significant role to play. If the blade is thick enough, it will stay by your side for a long time.
Teeth- The sharp points of the blade are known as teeth. The cleaner cuts depend on the number of teeth. If the numbers of teeth are up to the mark, they will provide beautiful cuts.
Gullet- The curved area between two saw teeth is considered as the gullet. It helps to get rid of the chip while cutting the tiles.
There are a lot of diamond blades to cut different porcelain tiles and glass slabs and thus, choosing the best blade for cutting ceramic is not an easy job to do. You have to look for different kinds of ceramic tile cutting blades and choose according to your needs.
However, the blades mentioned in this article are one of the best blades for cutting ceramic tiles. You can try your searches but keep the buying guide in mind. Those are the things you should consider before choosing the Best Blade For Cutting Ceramic Tile.
Remember the user manual. That will help to keep you safe from any kind of mishaps. Keep these blade away from the children. Be safe; make your work the best with these fantastic blades
I am John Maku Sadman. I am a professional blogger and website content writer. I would love to share my experience on my blog. I am using multiple power tools (drill, saw, wood cutter machines) from different companies. Now I am sharing my experience on my blog “TopRatedToolsReview.com“